Mark your calendar for some free summer fun! This is sure to be a treat for those of you with little science fans!
Enjoy free admission to the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University on Monday, June 30, as part of the Wawa Welcome America! festival. The day of fun family activities includes celebrity story readers, live animal shows and a hands-on Wawa dairy exhibit. The first 200 kids through the door get a free book!
As part of the Go 4th and Learn series, Mayor Michael Nutter, 6ABC anchor Matt O’Donnell and Wawa CEO Chris Gheysens will read stories to children in the morning in the Academy’s picturesque library. Visitors can check out National Geographic’s Birds of Paradise exhibit, visit their favorite dinosaurs, make a feather headdress to take home, and even learn how to milk a cow-all for free and sponsored by Wawa. Here are the activities:
* Hear a story read by Mayor Nutter at 10 a.m., 6ABC’s Matt O’Donnell at 10:30 a.m., or Wawa CEO Chris Gheysens at 11 a.m.
* Enjoy 30-minute live animal shows at 11:30 a.m. or 2:30 p.m.
* See milk in a whole new light at the Milk Experiment Station.
* Discover amazing facts about eggs at the Egg Experiment Station.
* Take a closer look at different types of feathers.
* Make a feather headdress to take home.
* Explore the hands-on Wawa dairy exhibit with a cow-milking model.
* See specimens from the Academy’s Ornithology Collection, including Canada geese like Wally, Wawa’s mascot.
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University is located at 1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia. Now through September 1st, there is also an awesome Birds of Paradise exhibit you are certainly going to want to check out when you visit. My family have added the Natural Academy of Sciences to our Places to Visit list this summer and I cannot wait to check it out!